Summer Camp Coordinator
The Hunterdon Art Museum is seeking an intern to act as Summer Camp Coordinator for our Summer Art Camps 2017. Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing a volunteer staff and ensuring that they are fulfilling tasks needed for efficient operation of camp each day.
- Acting as liaison between the Education Department, art faculty and volunteer staff.
- Overseeing secure and safe check in/out of campers each day.
- Participating in all facets of camp. This could include working closely with teachers, instructing campers, maintaining studios, clerical work and more.
- Assisting with other education and Museum programs that take place throughout the internship. This will expose the intern to various types of Museum programs and their development.
This is a paid position. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new databases is required. Candidate should also have an interest in art, education, and working with students, ages 4 – 15, as well as, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to conduct independent research.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer Camp Coordinator as the subject line, or mail to April Anderson, Education Coordinator, Hunterdon Art Museum, 7 Lower Center St., Clinton, NJ 08809.
Interviews will be conducted in May 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you’d like to register as a HAM summer camp volunteer or wish to learn more information, please go here!