We currently have openings for Art Education Faculty positions and for a Weekend Administrator.
Art Education Faculty Position
The Hunterdon Art Museum is seeking art faculty members to teach children’s art programs including after-school classes, summer camp, birthday parties and Scout programs.
Day, evening and weekend positions available. Studio schedules vary. Kids’ art classes are offered evenings after school and weekends. Summer Camp faculty members teach 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and/or 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday between June and August. Birthday parties and Scout program times vary, but are mainly offered on the weekend.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work with Education Coordinator and Director of Education to follow and/or create hands-on arts program curriculum.
- Prepare lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the medium(s).
- Responsible for approving a schedule for upcoming semester by set deadline.
- Responsible for setting up and cleaning up the classroom/space as well as maintaining studio space organization system.
- Creating lesson plans, materials lists, and program descriptions.
The ideal candidate has teaching experience and possesses strong communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills. They should demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage a classroom and work independently.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors of Arts in Education, Fine Arts, Art History, Art Education, or related field are preferred.
• Previous teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of audiences and students in camp or classroom setting preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Competency in teaching one or more of the following mediums and/or processes: drawing, painting, sculpting, printmaking, jewelry design, glass fusing and collage.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to work independently.
• Must be a team player with an ability to work with a variety of students, artists, and staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The position teaching in the art studios, which requires some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting (1 – 50 pounds). Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Brazel, Director of Education
7 Lower Center St. Clinton NJ 08809
Subject line for email should be: Art Faculty Position
You can download information about the position here.
Weekend Administrator Position
The Hunterdon Art Museum is seeking a weekend administrator to supervise the Museum on Saturdays.
- The Weekend Administrator greets visitors and directs guests to the program or gallery they wish to see, answers the phone, takes messages, accepts packages, sorts and distributes the mail, registers students for classes, and answers visitors’ questions.
- S/he updates the Museum’s data base and various lists.
- S/he is responsible for making sure that the building’s operations, for example, hvac and lighting, are functioning and will take care of minor malfunctions or contact the proper person.
- Retrieving and accepting artwork for students and exhibiting artists.
- Storing delivered packages.
- Keeping the first floor and outside entrance area tidy.
The successful candidate must be reliable, self-sufficient, articulate, and friendly.
- Ability to work professionally and courteously at all times with staff, faculty, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle phone and walk-in traffic.
- Proficiency with office software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, calendaring and email systems.
- Experience working with the public and knowledge of contemporary art are essential.
Saturday hours vary depending upon the activities taking place. Generally, they are from 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. and occasionally from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use weekend administrator as the subject.
Click here to download information on the position.