Making a Short Film: Working with Moving Image & Sound
Please note: This class will be held virtually using Zoom. Click HERE to learn more about online learning with HAM and contact Joan Gavornik with any questions or concerns.
In this class students will learn how to record and find film footage and audio recordings to create their own short film. Using programs such as the app VideoShop and the software OpenShot and Audacity and technology such as their phones and computers, students will receive instruction on working with storyboards, scripts, narratives and editing.
List of Materials, programs and technology:
- App for cellphone: VideoShop for Android and IOS
- Softwares for computers (for Mac, Linux or Windows): OpenShot and Audacity
- Cell phones for recording sound and video.
- Regular copy paper, 8.5” x 11”
- Pencils (HB and 6B)
- Pen and notebook for writing