Discover the art and design possibilities found in nature. Experiment with painting, clay sculpting, nature sketching and more.
This camp is taking place online. Students will need access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone with a camera, microphone and internet access for using the Zoom meeting app. Materials will be provided by the Hunterdon Art Museum and can be picked up before the start of camp.
Please review the materials list below of items you will need to provide.
- Day 1: Masking tape, 4 medium sticks, approx. the same size (8 – 14 in.), 6 small sticks about the same size, approx. 4 – 8 in., leaves, flowers, grass, scissors, ruler
- Day 2: 1 c. flour, 1/3 c. salt, 1/2 c. water, 2 tsp canola oil, bowl, 10 objects found in nature (flowers, rocks, leaves, branches, etc.), plastic knife, rolling pin, rulers, bowl. Optional: food dye
- Day 3: light corn syrup, 1 toilet paper/paper towel roll, 1 medium-sized stick with multiple branches coming off of it, scissors, hole punch
- Day 4: Cardboard, ruler, hot glue gun, hot glue sticks
- Day 5: approx. 20 leaves found outside (different types), scissors
Please note: This class will be held virtually using Zoom. Click HERE to learn more about online learning with HAM and contact Joan Gavornik with any questions or concerns.