Paintbrush Portraits with Oscar Peterson
Please note: This class will be held virtually using Zoom. Click HERE to learn more about online learning with HAM and contact Joan Gavornik with any questions or concerns.
Repurpose your old paintbrush into a unique paintbrush portrait! Come prepared with photographic reference (i.e. a family member, favorite celebrity) and learn how to translate the image to this very specific canvas. Please see materials list below so you have what you need!
- Old flat or angled chip brush, 2” or larger
- Photographic portrait for reference
- Assorted filbert or round brushes in a range of sizes, #2 – #10
- Acrylic paint – click HERE to view the recommended color palette
- Waxed paper, palette, or plastic surface for mixing paint
- Palette knife
- Small jar or cup for rinsing paintbrushes
- Paper towels or rags
Featured Image: Grace Jones Paintbrush, Oscar Peterson