Painting: Acrylic & Watercolor
An in depth exploration of acrylic and watercolor painting. Color and composition will be covered as well as tips for blending, washes, texture and edges. Students will build their skills, confidence, and individual style.
Students will need access to a computer, laptop, tablet or phone with a camera, microphone and internet access for using the Zoom meeting app. Materials will be provided by the Hunterdon Art Museum and can be picked up before the start of camp.
Please review the materials list below of items you will need to provide.
- Hard board no smaller than 11″x14″ and something to prop it up at an angle (this will be your painting surface)
- Painters or masking tape
- Wax or palette paper
- 11″x14″ heavy scrap cardboard
- 3 plastic or styrofoam plates
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 large water cups for cleaning your paintbrushes
- Paper towels
- A roll of toilet paper or a box of tissues
- #2 pencil, sharpener, and eraser
- Scratch paper
- Palette knife or plastic knife
- An old white candle or white crayon
- Newspaper or plastic to protect your workspace
- Extra paint brushes if you have them
Please note: This class will be held virtually using Zoom. Click HERE to learn more about online learning with HAM and contact Joan Gavornik with any questions or concerns.